Monday, May 20, 2013

José, Can you See?


I have forgotten how long José has been part of our family get togethers but he tends to  make  unexpected  appearances.  AND sometimes it is long after the family has departed.  As I was repacking my back pack for my return trip, there he was.

Are you CONFUSED? Don’t worry, we are too.

You see José first was introduced to our family through my father.  Dad tends to find unusual souls and José is just another such example.

José is very small and can fit in very small places. José earned his name from his unique moustache and sombrero.  I am not sure of his profession although maybe he was a cowhand in a previous life.  He is a softy.

So can you guess where I found him?

I found José in one of my exercise shoes.  No, he wasn’t wearing one - he was inside it.  I told you he is small.

Confused?  Well  José is made of felt and through time has even lost some of his clothing before he ever met our family.  You see José was just another unusual gift from my Dad  that makes us shake our heads in wonder. Whatever possessed my Dad to present this guy as a gift.

Well now José is a running joke as we have decided to include José whenever my daughter and I are together.  The chore is to  hide José with hopes that the other will  eventually find him and then rehide him on another visit.

We never talk about him in between. So we never know how /when the other came upon him. I think I stuck him in her coat pocket the last time I saw her. I wonder where he will turn up next, don't you?


1 comment: