Wednesday, July 10, 2013

'Wood' Ya, Could 'ya, Just Wait ?

It's pretty obvious when a big dumptruck comes down a country gravel road, especially ours.  Romeo, the ever companionable watch dog also jumps to attention and rushes down the road to greet guests.

Who do you think it was on this unusual humid hot summer July day?  Even the cute guy from, get this, Hook and Haul, who delivers our slab wood load couldn't get me to leave the confines of the house's cool comfort.

On a 90 degree day of all days, the winter's heat has been dumped and an excited Natureman insisted on starting to stack it. All morning and most of the afternoon he stacked.  He wouldn't wait for a cooler day. (He had even switched on the house air to demonstrate how hot it was.)


Well I, the Southerner, was not going to be part of that mishigas (craziness). I  know humidity and heat and didn't want any part of heatstroke nor those ferocious hungry bugs so I stayed inside with the AC. 
I should also mention my discomfort since yesterday while picking snap peas, a tiny sweat bee decided to sting the only unsprayed non clothed area, my eyelid. My eyelid had doubled in size. 




Looks like we won't only be warm this summer  but also this winter right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley.  Natureman was as busy as a beaver stacking wood.  He just couldn't wait for a cooler day for his city mouse's help...  What a Natureman!


2 comments:

  1. No photos of the swollen eyelid? That would have been a sight for sore eyes! Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.

    ReplyDelete