Friday, July 12, 2013

Crazy Days...

Natureman calls me a hunter and gatherer.  That being said, July is my favorite month because that's when I get to show my prowess at seeking out the city's bargains in downtown La Crosse.

Usually Crazy Days are closer to my birthday but the Art Fair on the Green got that weekend. That's OK because I claim everything is for my birthday anyway.  The better the bargain, the better the gift.  You never really knew you needed an item until you see it on a sale rack/table. 
  
                                                                                                            Crazy Days are filled with sidewalk sales and entertainment.  This year chalk artist/s added drawings to the sidewalks to all those bargains. Check out the shoe design in the drawing's dress. Oh my, it must be a shoe store...


I struck it rich finding a parking space in front of one of my favorite stops call Kick, an amazing shoe store. Most of the time, it's my daughter that benefits from their bargains since if the fit is a bit big for me, she can wear them. This year I found boots. Summer is the best time to find a good buy on boots and she doesn't need winter boots in Atlanta, so guess who gets these? A girl can never have too many boots in Wisconsin.

That shoe store block was a goldmine. I didn't have to go far for other bargain purchases as the next 3 stores held 'special' treasures. Next to the shoe store sits a gift store on one side, a women's clothing store on the other and around the corner the third, upcyles, found old items like battered doors/ windows created into new architectural interest pieces.  It's amazing how clever people are.
     
                      My find this year was a 'rusty' scrap metal rooster. 

Rusty even got a check out sniff from Romeo, the excellent watchdog that he is...
Rusty begged to come home with me and be added to my Coop Garden.  He will really be happy to see the girls and they in turn will be glad that he isn't real. (You know there's a reason the male chickens are called cocks and why we don't have any. ) 

Natureman says Rusty's too nice to be left outside. After a couple times of being sprayed with clear lacquer Rusty should be just fine in his new home here in the End of the Rainbow Valley...



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never have too many metal animals on the premises!

    ReplyDelete