Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Something's Fishy/ NOT?

Driving home from 'town' today I looked out on the Mississippi backwaters and thought how NO fish are biting.  I am the daughter of a fisherman and I just know these things.

There was one lonely boat out on the water as far as the eye could see.  I can pretty much bet you that they got skunked as I had predicted Natureman would the day before even though he was further downstream near the dam in Genoa.


Upon returning home I found a note Natureman had left me  as he had decided to go kayaking for his day's outing.

It was no news to hear the report upon his return that the water level was still quite high and moving very quickly.

Big fish had even surfaced near the kayak.  Isn't that always the way when you don't have a fishing pole with you?

Being told the lilies are blooming is supposed to be an enticement for me to go canoeing and fishing. Thanks, but no thanks, I 'll be patient and wait until that water level decreases.

In the meanwhile I'm into my book club book so I'll  enjoy it out on our screened porch as the occassional breeze wafts my way.

It's 'Summertime and the living is easy... the fish are jumpin'-' just not into the boat...

                                   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2bigf337aU


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a kayak! I keep thinking that would be a fun thing to do when we travel but I'm not sure I'd like it or where we'd store it. We'll wait another year before thinking about anything like that. Meanwhile, we'll try to find places to rent them where we travel.

    ReplyDelete