Wednesday, July 5, 2023

THE BIG QUESTION: HUMAN BE'ING OR HUMAN DO'ING?

Graduation month is behind us but I never got around to talking about those graduation speeches. One in particular 's message spoke to me louder than the others. It was delivered by a wise young graduation speaker who realized after an accidentthe big graduate question shouldn't be  "What are you going to do next?" but rather "Who are you going to be?" 

Yes, our roles in life are going to change. I think it is why many men are so much more at a loss upon retirement because their job has been what defines them.  We are so much more than what we do. 

After Natureman died, everybody asked me so "What are you going to do?"  They knew I was retired from University teaching and supervisory positions.  They knew I wasn't really a farmer.

I appreciate how this young lady placed the emphasis of labels of seeing others not for what they do but their attributes. I also continually strive to remind myself of the importance of keeping a positive attitude, how I treat others and what makes me unique.  

I know the following will speak to you no matter what stage of graduation you are at in your own life... 

Here's the link :


  THE BIG QUESTION: HUMAN BE'ING OR HUMAN DO'ING


No comments:

Post a Comment