Thursday, July 6, 2023

TBT: GOURD CONVERSATION

TBT: The proud group photo below of our first gourd creations appeared in FB memories from 13 years ago.


 Terri Schmitt, the gourd artist and our teacher, is seated on the first step. You see I had admired Terri's  beautiful handiwork at the Driftless Area Art Festival and we struck up a conversation. Imagine that! 

One of Terri's stunning gourd creations

I learned not only was there was a Gourd Society but that Terri taught gourd classes. She had 3 classes coming up on the other side of the state if I would like to join them. 

Then, she said if I could get at least 5 people she would be glad to come to my house and give a class driving over 2 hours from her home.  

I limited her October class to 8 students and we had a ball with our gourd creations.  In fact, we enjoyed it so much she returned for a second class for us to create gourd women. 


See you just never know who will meet ... if you just take the time to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment