Wednesday, July 26, 2023

MIDWEEK MUSING: BECOMING A MOM

 One of my favorite writing projects for my university language classes was a 5-minute write. As the student entered the classroom on the whiteboard would be their writing question of the day. Each student had been provided with a little blue composition test booklet which was used as their daily journal. It was time to turn their English off and just start thinking in Spanish and probably the only opportunity to write during class.  At the end of the 5 minutes the students would break into small groups to share their writing and thoughts with their classmates. Today one of these questions is my musing for the day " What is the most important job you have had and why?"

Don't worry I am not going to tell you in Spanish. 

We enjoy birthdays in my family and today is my first born Lori's birthday. Yes, she was a birthday gift I got the day before my birthday in 1982. Being a Mom has been my most important job. 

Yes, I had some previous training being the eldest with two younger brothers and a long history of babysitting from age 11 on through college but being a Mom is a 24 hr 7 day /week job for the rest of my life.

Now that first born has a wonderful family of her own as she enters her 41st year today. I don't know how those 4 decades passed so quickly. But the photographs and videos help us remember special moments along the way... Each year as her eldest turns a year older she receives  her Mom's album of becoming that age so she can share and see how their lives are similar.

I love this job. The pension is great.

Happy Bday Ms. Lori and many more... 





No comments:

Post a Comment