Thursday, July 16, 2020

TBT:FACELIFTS

There is a lot that need facelifts around here in the End of the Rainbow Valley but hey I don't like knives... Maybe something less invasive with a lot less work could be fixed on one of our rainy days with something inanimate.... Hmmm.

That new acrylic paint set certainly could be put to use on a small project like a sign whose home is on one of the walls of the coop. This sign was a house gift from friends Ed and Corine on a visit some 15 years ago. It has seen a lot of weather. In fact, it had fallen apart and was found behind the antique rose when I noticed it missing. I saved it before you know who would decide it might be good kindling wood for our fire pit. 

It ended up a joint ( pun) project as Natureman glued and stapled it back together and my new paintbrush and paints made the lettering and chickens complete its facelift. Natureman inquired whether I'd be sanding and restaining the wood and I chortled, "Hey this weathered look's in style."

And here it is all ready with its facelift to return to its coop wall. 


Only 5 chickens left but their eggs are still fresh...

No comments:

Post a Comment