Friday, July 31, 2020

FOTO FRIDAY: BE A KIND HUMAN

FOTO FRIDAY during my very quiet birthday week had a very special timely gift arrive in the mail. Hold on and I will share its significance...

Traditionally this week I would have been having a birthday lunch with my friend Sue at Dave's Bar B Que with a burnt end bar-b-que beef sandwich, mashed potatoes and their complimentary bday dessert of choice. We always shared the bread pudding after the sparkler died out... But alas like everything in the world this year, the celebration didn't happen. Yet it wasn't COVID 19 which stopped the tradition rather  it was the end of Sue's fight with cancer this summer... 

Sue's motto was "Be a Kind Human" and she even made up t-shirts with it. So what was in the birthday package from a 'mutual' friend but 2 masks one for Natureman and myself.  Take a look and you can understand why tears filled my eyes...



Thank you Kathy. It's absolutely perfect! Sue would have loved us spreading the word now more than ever... One of the best ways to be kind to others is to wear our masks out in public. 

Besides our governor Tony Evers’ mask mandate starting Saturday demonstrates "his trust of scientists and public health experts. It shows a dedication to helping us all live healthier lives. By one estimate, wearing masks reduces the risk of spreading or catching COVID-19 by 85%."


 My collection now includes: my first 2 two sided masks made by daughter-in-law Leah's Mom, Lori and 4 made by friend Brenda when she discovered I had misplaced the others.(I did eventually find them) in addition to this newest one. Now each car is equipped with an extra clean one in addition to a couple at home besides the one I'll have in my purse. A new accessory line for sure.

Do you have a photo in your mask to share? Send it my way and I can make a collage.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poignant message. Are there other masks like that one, to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my batch of 85 and gave away several today at pickleball. Then started buying fabric for the next sewing session.

    ReplyDelete