MONDAY MUSINGS left me shaking my head after travelling on a packed plane yesterday. The fact that the plane never seemed to cool down might have been part of it, but I was stuck in seat D. Let me tell you, it was no fun even with a flight that didn't last a little over an hour but seemed much longer...
Yep, you guessed it, I was sandwiched between 2 guys. The guy on my left, I will call Thumper. Thumper was thin with lanky legs that manspread into my space, with a right leg that never stopped moving. I'll attribute it to nervousness because when he finally dozed off 10 minutes before landing, it stopped shaking. Paul Bunyan on my right embodied the word 'burly' and was the hairiest guy I have ever seen clad in shorts and a snug sports shirt. The seat was definitely too small for him. He looked so uncomfortable, as his bright red face attested, and never lost that beet color. After 10 minutes of coughing, he professed was 'ragweed' season and his meds weren't working. He wasn't kidding, he hacked the entire flight.
I guess I have been lucky not to have been sardined between two men before!
The landing could not come soon enough and it was such a relief to get off that plane.
No comments:
Post a Comment