Thursday, September 21, 2023

TBT:ANYBODY HEARD OF CHEMAINUS ,BRITISH COLUMBIA?

I adored this charming tiny Canadian town Chemainus which decided to tell its history in murals throughout its downtown. Why waste a blank wall when there's a story to be told?  And artists were willing to tell it in murals, topiaries and statues.  Obviously, its first inhabitants were from the First Nation. 53 murals now don its downtown walls.






And although I am sure there is a depiction of these artists and their works, I wasn't privvy to it and therefore I used our 45 minute stop to capture this town's charm in its artistic dedication. 

ENJOY.













































Some of the group took advantage of enjoying Chemainus. I am sure glad we stopped.




No comments:

Post a Comment