Wednesday, June 7, 2023

SErENDIPITY IS ALWAYS WELCOME

 Serendipity is always a pleasant surprise when events align and provide an unexpected meeting. A last minute music night out involved seeing a former neighbor who lived on one corner of my childhood's home block. 

I wasn't positive but with a FaceBook check- lo and behold, it also had pics of other people sitting at her table. Of course, I went over to say Hi, not sure if she would remember me.

Our exchange in between songs included news of her younger sister who has lived across the big pond for 50 years was coming home for a visit. She would be at this very venue the first weekend in June. How fun! Music and a reunion.

Alas, that weekend coincided with my grands' obligation. DRATS. 

Yet, another fortuitous moment afforded itself as one of my bday group members would mention our get-together and enable us to arrange a lunch date... All is right with the world.

The Pantry was my suggestion as their homemade pastrami, sauerkraut and mustard are all to die for.  In fact, the 3 of us all ordered it. 

Conversation was as filling as our lunches and serendipity was a win-win and is always welcome! 


Thank you Carol for arranging our meet-up. 

Hugs for such a great summer highlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment