Wednesday, March 1, 2023

CHANGES


There is change in the air and those March winds started a bit early blowing it in... Sometimes one has to do what is necessary to take care of oneself. I needed a break. 

My 97 yo Dad's health has been declining and he is spending more time in bed. His nap time now starts before I arrive and even if he awakes during my 1-5 shift, he does not want to get up. We used to visit, do correspondence, pay bills in addition to enjoying some TV like a classic movie...

Let's back up a month when I was doing some retail therapy where  I ended up in a conversation with another customer regarding the passing of her Mom. Her worry was about the future employment of her Mom's caretaker. Bingo, possibly.

Well, it was Kismet as I found this someone to share my shift and for me to just keep 2 afternoons of the week in addition to going with him to his LifeQuest class.

I am glad those winds blew in early...  and we all hope to make all of our days a little better. Dad sounds happier too. 

Sometimes we all can use a little change.














No comments:

Post a Comment