Sunday, June 12, 2022

SUNDAY SPECIAL: SIMPLY THE BEST, A TRUE BLESSING

 You all were very kind in overlooking the fact I was off a day earlier this week in my posting of TBT on Wednesday which meant the blog was short a posting this week. And since the goal is to return to posting 5x/week, doctors would be worried about my mental health re: not knowing the date so today's entry is a Sunday Special and special it is...

Saturday was a date marked on the calendar for a while as my neighbors told me to save the date for the neighborhood's annual Baggo tournament along with dinner and camaraderie. Little did I know I would not have a chance to really visit with anybody once the game started as it was constant competition. 


Missing a handful who skedaddled before the pic but a good time was had by all...

I actually have never played Baggo. It is very similar to Corn Hole except the board is not only smaller but also plastic and placed farther away with different rules too.  

A big learning curve as my tossed bean bags fell short, long to the left/ right, sliding off but rarely staying on the board for a point and very seldom landing in the hole for 3 points. It was a big deal when they did. I would have been out of the competition early had we not all been matched with someone with opposite Baggo experience. My partner Brian was a ringer. He made it look so easy. He said he hadn't played since last year's competition but used to play a lot. Despite and in spite of his novice partner, we did go home with a trophy. 

We will split mantel time with the trophy. 

My neighbors have been super kind since I moved into the neighborhood last August. Having good neighbors is a true blessing, they are simply the best...

My acceptance trophy speech now reads " I want to thank the Academy, judges, fans and fellow competitors and neighbors for their support and urge all to remember WE are all winners! "




No comments:

Post a Comment