Monday, March 23, 2020

MONDAY MUSINGS: WAISTLINES BEWARE

Our social distancing days have put us like many of you on new daily schedules. Our exercise programs were a half an hour away which means an hour of my day spent commuting. I have a confession to make, I don't miss the drive. 


Whereas Mondays and Wednesdays we had to be out of the house by quarter to eight to make it to the Y for  LiveStrong, it was 8:30 for me on Jazzercise days.  It has been a real vacay being able to lounge in the am's even if I'm still up by the crack of dawn. I'm an early riser, what can I say?

Believe me it definitely has taken a conscious effort to reinstate exercise while at home. It means you might even have to get out of your comfy pjs and put on shoes...


The latter part of last week my Jazzercise instructor sent her classes a link to OnDemand for Jazzercise exercise videos to prevent us from withdrawal. It worked and it's been really fun to be able to do the Jazzercise routines at home. Balto (the dog) tends to get underfoot but we 've learned to share the space. I prop my laptop on the dining table and use the carpeted space between it and the couch for Jazzercising.* I can do a different set each day before Natureman is even up. 


So many routines to choose from...
Walks have always been a part of Natureman's day but I tend to be a fair weather friend. This southern raised body feels if the birds fly South for the winter that's a good enough reason for me to stay inside... But since the ice has thawed and the mud has calmed down the 3 of us can be found before late afternoon heading down the road with a mile to the mailbox and back (2mi/day) before I start on dinner.

Our LiveStrong instructors have also sent suggestions and activities of ways for all of us to stay toned. Yesterday we received a challenge from one of our classmates to share how we're keeping fit. At dinner Natureman declared he had done planks. "Really?" I quipped, "How many did you do? ""One," he replied and added, "but I held it really long." We both busted out laughing. The man's becoming a real comedienne.

I do miss the socialization of LiveStrong and coffee time with my Jazzerbuddies but have a feeling Zoom.com  just might give us that visiting opportunity... For right now I'll savor the time with my Natureman. It's a gift social distancing has afforded us.

WAISTLINES beware we're planning to give you a workout come hell / high water. I'm not sure which will come first...
* BTW   OnDemand.Com/ Jazzercise is offering a free trial month. Perfect way to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment