Friday, August 17, 2018

FOTO FRIDAY: A GOOD MOTTO



FOTO FRIDAY finds me donning my newest t-shirt whose message had a hand, penmanship that is by my friend Sue with the designing help of her friend Catherine. 



I can attest penmanship is not my really my writer friend's forte but Catherine's diligence ensured Sue's repetition of writing the phrase over and over until  the best 'legible' example of each letter could be found. 

Sue doing is 'doing good' by taking the t-shirt sale proceeds of this motto on Zazzle and donating them to the La Crosse Public Education Foundation's Random Act of Kindness Fund. The motto  comes on a variety of styles.

Take a look on www.zazzle.com/kindness_store
* BTW they tend to run snug, so order at least one size larger!

Sue's dream is that every teacher gets one of these and its message becomes the theme for their classroom. In her words: "We should all work towards this so students, graduates, anyone should be kind and not awful to other humans." 

Today at the library an elderly man read my shirt aloud: Be a Kind Human and he added, "I try to be one." May we all try to be one.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Karen. My mother told me to type letters to her (before email, obviously). A student at Hamilton School, where just about every teacher has one, asked, "Where's your goofy D shirt?" when his teacher wore a different shirt. This started when I saw a woman with a shirt that said "Be a kind Human." I thought that was the perfect statement, better than nice person, which I also support. It goes to the essence of our humanness, which I hope is kindness.

    ReplyDelete