Friday, April 25, 2014

FOTO FRIDAY: Uninvited Guest

This week Romeo, our ever companionable dog, has been very busy. Yesterday I noticed some darker spots on the hillside  and Romeo standing guard near them. It was time to investigate...
Someone had been digging. Was it Romeo burying treasures/ finding them? As I approached the area Romeo moved as if to say, I'm done with my business and there lying near the farthest mound was a darker but furry blob.





Can you recognize this digger claw ?

The darker furry blob was this interesting looking fellow below.






If you guessed mole, you guessed correctly. These guys can destroy a lawn by using their digger claw paws creating tunnels
 so the good part is one : we really don't have a lawn and two we are less one mole. Send me a pic of some good/bad uninvited guest.

Jennifer's son can't resist picking these guys up.  Eegads! No matter how big they are, I tend to scream. Go figure.



Now compare how big these guys get in Georgia's humidity. Serious snake in Lori's friends raised garden beds.



But actually when I wrote this entry about uninvited guests I knew I would be one this Friday in Atlanta. Unbeknownst to daughter Lori she was chosen as Teacher of the Year. SURPRISE. Boyfriend Evan and I are her surprise guests. I follow behind him shielded by the flowers so she can't see me. We are truly unexpected.
  
Lori's reaction when she sees Evan

Now she sees me. It was a terrific surprise!

If you haven't seen last week's FOTO FRIDAY, click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment