Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Morning After...

I know I've mentioned that our dog Romeo taps on our glass doors when he wants to come in but Sunday morning was different as I was awoken by more than a tapping, it was more like repetitive thuds. Over and over again. I got up and double checked all the doors and it wasn't the dog. He was lying on his bench on the patio.

Thud there it went again. I walked into the work room and there in front of me a robin kept flying into the same window pane. What a crazy bird!  I even tried turning on various lights, closing the door, all to no avail. The poor thing kept smacking into the window. If I got close to the window, he would just fly to another perching spot... Take a breather and go right back to body slamming the window.


I went to see if I could deter this misguided bird. I positioned myself in the garage to walk out and frighten him away from  the AC unit but he continued with the same pattern flying into the window. (He left a bit of mess on the unit.) Gee, I wonder how long he was there.

Then to my relief one of his friends flew up to convince him to fly away but he was back a couple minutes later.

There were no  bugs/webs with anything. I thought this guy is going to have a nice headache if he doesn't knock himself out first.

Of course when I tried to film, he had slowed down / wanted you to think that I made the whole thing up. 

Take a look now, remember you'll have to be patient...


I think he'd better take 2 Advil, he's not going to feel too well tomorrow here in the End of the Rainbow Valley...

2 comments:

  1. Had the same thing happen last year. The poor robin jumped into our hot tub room patio door, over-and-over. I tried so many things to deter him. I thought I had it fixed when I hung a large, opaque piece of plastic on the door but then he moved his repetitive behavior to a window next to the door. He finally wore on (or something) a couple days later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this is why they call them rocking robin?

    ReplyDelete