Saturday, January 25, 2014

FOTO FRIDAY... SCHATZKES

Everybody has schatzkes... you know all the stuff you could live without but can't help buying/ giving because it's so irresistible. 
Let me assure you, poor Natureman has to live with a house full of my schatzkes.  


Ball Holder
And when you are in a tourist town like Scottsdale, there are a lot of schatzke stores.  As I passed one in this city of golfers, I couldn't resist stopping to snap a pic of this particular schatzke.  Hey get this, they even come with different sayings.  Obviously a lot of them are sold because there were two racks full. Of course these ball holders come in all sizes. But breathe easy, I did NOT buy any as gifts. You won't even have to regift it at a White Elephant party!

And schatzkes come in all price ranges... but hey if they bring pleasure to the owners, who cares?  The only thing I want to warn you about is that you probably don't have the only one. One of my buddies has the 'Queen' visiting and shares videotapes of her waving to her constituency on special occasions such as birthdays, snowfalls/ whatever...  Well Ginger, brace yourself - I spotted the Queen, in fact more than one. I was shocked because now I don't know who's the real Queen...  See what I mean?


How ' bout sharing a pic of your favorite schatzke before next week's blog? 

Very excited Colleen is our first share for schatzkes with Pee Boy who has quite a spray...

 Pee Boy, my favorite small souvenir, soak in water then pour hot water over his 
head and he'll stream 3-4 feet
.

Kaye from Little Rock favors  figurines, pictured here is "Miss Sassy' on the right made by a friend of Kaye's. The elf on the noon is a Jane Hankins given to her by a dear friend. These are her favorites/










Arizona  Marilyn loves any schatzke with a heart. A multi branched piece of a tree limb holds about 2-3 dozen objects with this heart holding quartz being one of her favorites.

Remember any time you want to add a photo to any FOTO FRIDAY, it's never too late.


Check last week's FOTO FRIDAY: FREE TIME to see additions.
http://chaseburg.blogspot.com/2014/01/foto-friday-free-time.html

No comments:

Post a Comment