Tuesday, September 1, 2026

tUESDAY tUNES: BOONE STEALS HEARTS

Back in 2021, I watched an American Idol audition with a 19-year-old kid from Monroe, Washington. Benson Boone was his name and if alliteration matters, his name certainly worked with his boyish charm, The innocence of youth won over Katy Perry (one of the judges)... But actually, Boone ended up being an American Idol dropout. He went his own way with his music and on to gain fame on TikTok with over a million fans.

Fast forward 4 years and Boone's The Wanted Man world tour from his recently released  American Heart album took it to arena-sized venues, Tickets sold out in 9 seconds. Is he the male Taylor Swift? He definitely has a worldwide following.

Through a last-minute invite last Saturday, I got to go see Boone do his famous flip, with an audience spanning the gamut of ages, with Grandmas like me, Moms with their tweens (and younger), along with all ages joining the sing-alongs wearing all types of get-ups... Some putting a lot of thought of what they wore to this concert and others not so much... We got an eye full.


Boone's lyrics and musicality speak for themselves as my 9-year-old granddaughter chose this one as her favorite for me to use:
BEAUTIFUL THINGS. I'm sure you've heard parts of it !


* A bonus listen is SORRY I'M HERE FOR SOMEONE ELSE  as it was one of my Jazzercise tunes.  Wink, wink...

No comments:

Post a Comment