Tuesday, September 17, 2024

TUESDAY TUNES: ANOTHER MASTERFUL MUSICAL JOHN

TUESDAY TUNES takes you my readers back to the end of August and my first exposure to a Cork musical legend...

 Music was an integral component of my Irish adventure and song lyrics helped me understand the strong regional accents of English, my mother tongue.

Sometimes our group would be in local pubs / the musician(s) would come to us in our hotel. Imagine a private hour /more with local musical legends. 

John Spillane was intense. No smile but a promise to win us over by the time he finished sharing his music/ maybe not. A dry, dry wit...

Mesmerizing and very talented. Listen to him spin his tale... These youtube videos give you a taste of what we heard...


My personal clips don't do Spillane justice...

JOHN SPILLANE

The Streets of Ballyphelane

Interview with 3 Johnnies





No comments:

Post a Comment