Friday, September 13, 2024

FOTO FRIDAY: I SEE 'RED'

FOTO FRIDAY: Where I normally let the photo speak for itself, today needs a bit of background story. 

When I made the move south, my 50th bday gift to myself did not. Cherry, a red '89 Mazda Miata, was the purchase after 20 years of promising myself a red sportscar at reaching that half century milestone. 

After spotting it on Milwaukee's Lakeshore  Drive with a 'for sale' sign in its front window on my birthday week in 2004, I was hesitant and Natureman shocked me by uttering the words, 'Get it.' We put some 30K miles on it during 20 years tooling around as soon as the top could go down and before it was tucked away during winter. I have missed crispy fresh air in early spring and fall in a convertible.

Move to this August 21, Natureman's birthday no less,  an ad popped up on Marketplace. I heard Natureman saying " Get it." So I did.


Meet Red, isn't she a beaut?  She has some mileage on her, just like me.  But she is automatic so no shifting nor fighting putting on her top with a terrific sound system and a CD player.

How did John Smith, my Ireland tour leader, know to gift the participants an Irish CD ?  

Come help me make new field trip memories...

                                    Happy 70th to me!


3 comments: