Wednesday, January 17, 2024

MIDWEEK MUSINGS: ANOTHER SET OF BENT WINGS & TILTED HALO HANDED OUT...



Last night awaiting me in emails was a posting from one of my La Crosse artist buddies Colleen. Her husband, Eric, had lost his battle with brain cancer yesterday. Eric had been diagnosed before Natureman. As she put it- the hospital was relentless trying one protocol after another to rid him of the big C. But eventually, one's body gives up...

In the meanwhile both our men did what they wanted inbetween treatments and repercussions doing the things they enjoyed. A camper helped my friends visit nearby parks while Colleen collected new subject matter for her painting as she embraced the plein aire style and became prolific during his illness. 100 paintings in 100 days. She joined new art friends as they created together... 

I am so glad I got to visit the two last March when I went up for Irv's yahrzeit.  I will miss Eric's dry wit and demeanor. I loved how he supported Colleen's art. Did he have a choice? LOL.

Eric's angel wings might be a bit bent and his halo will always be tilted in my memory of him. But here's my promise to Eric, I will make sure Colleen and I create some future mischief in our artistic endeavors. 


Cross my heart...xoxo 

May Eric's memory always be for a blessing.


Colleen's show this weekend will go on as Eric would have wished. 

Please support her work and go to her show for me..."where she will also share a collection of paintings of Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge in book form. Twenty pages with over 40 images of her original oil paintings.

If you are in Southwestern Wisconsin please go this Friday, Jan. 19 at her reception from 5-7 at the Blue Heron Coffeehouse
If you are interested she will be taking orders. More at cshoreartwork.blogspot.com "

No comments:

Post a Comment