Monday, November 9, 2020

MONDAY MUSINGS: A SPECIAL TOAST

This Monday I have some musing to do at the cemetery.  I have a  standing date to go visit 2 politically active friends who passed away this past year.  Yep, I told them we'd toast the departure of that guy in the White House who we never called 'President'. Both of these buddies wanted to live long enough to see him ousted but if they couldn't make it, I'd know where to go to make that toast. 

Jean at 92 was a lifer in the League of Women voters and probably wrote more checks to the Democratic Party than anyone I have ever known while Sue my senior just by a couple of years worked the polls, protesting with her pen and attending a lot of marches. 

Well, I can now share the news with them that the narcissist is in 'self destruct' mode as he will never concede, I'll also share with them about the poor 'L'oser now calling 'fraud' about the very thing both women worked hard to protect- our democratic right to vote.

Fraud, really? When it's been proven over and over again how small the possibility and percentage fraud has ever been. You mean the very thing he slowed down by making sure the US Postal Service was disabled by removing sorting machines in addition to all the voter suppression that has been occurring.  But, I'm glad my buddies didn't have to see the shambles he will leave in his wake. 



I'll have a glass of nice red wine for Jean...

and an iced tea for Sue ready to toast! 

Both women spoke their minds and thanks to the women's movement were able to navigate and be successful in their respective fields, Jean, the first woman in UW-L's History Department and Sue in our city's newspaper as a reporter and author.  Each left their legacies for others to continue their work. 

Join me in toasting Adiós to the man who wanted to be King of our Big Reality Show we call life in the today's United States of America and whose dictatorship has provoked and fostered hate and divisiveness stirring up the worst part of our country. 

We will all be needed to pick up the pieces to take care of each other... And no matter what you want to call it, I call it being humane, something that's been lacking coming from that big White House for 4 years too long.

As Sue said, "Be a Kind Human." We'll do the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment