Thursday, October 15, 2020

TBT: THE PRICELESS PERMANENT COLLECTION

I was the Mom who saved her kids's art projects. Some of those handmade family art made it into the holiday bins and became part of the yearly decorations. Others went into each child's keepsake bins.

During the last couple of years I have started slowly consolidating those bins. The really tattered pieces that couldn't be mended have been tossed. Now that my daughter has her own permanent home, I have been sending her keepsake stuff home with her when she visits/ via mail. You know adding on to 'her' collection and lightening my own. Last week I put together a Halloween holiday package with a couple new decorations too. This TBT is about one of the enclosed items.

Yesterday our morning FaceTime came as Ms. H, my 3 year old granddaughter, opened the newly arrived Halloween package from the End of the Rainbow Valley as she inspected each piece showing it to her Mom and me... 

The 3 new different sized pumpkins upcycled from old sweaters were quickly put aside. (Well, those really were for her Mom right now.) When I told her what she was holding was a candle, she thought I said candy and started to unwrap it, determined to eat it. As I kept repeating "No, candle- not candy," her Mom quickly intervened. Whew. She also really liked the Halloween charm pigtail bobbies but first put them on as bracelets. Other items caught her fancy too-

But, it was the ~35 year old piece of art at the bottom of the box that got her Mother to let out a squeal of delight. Her Mom exclaimed. "You won't believe this! This is the art project we are getting ready to do this morning during our morning lesson time." AND it was.

Take a look...

Of course, my daughter was a bit older when she made hers but I have a feeling these art pieces are going into their permanent collection now... Priceless.

  ( I think this will be for their 2021 addition next year and perhaps my daughter's reaction will be that of the far right pumpkin! LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment