Wednesday, August 12, 2020

MASKLESS?

On a mail drop off in the next town's post office I parked on a side street since Main Street is under road construction. After  grabbing the mail off the front seat and donning gloves, I was almost to the post office's door when it dawned on me my mask was still sitting on the front seat. I trudged back to the car, grabbed it and put it on.  

Upon my return there on the post office's door was a sign with bold lettering  which read masks needed to enter. But wouldn't you know upon entering the tiny post office there inside was a guy picking up his mail maskless?  I side stepped the maskless guy as best I could, opened the mail slot to drop in the letters and hightailed it. 

How have we as a society become so selfish feeling we don't have to follow rules even for safety's sake of others much less ourselves? Why did they even have to make a rule for inside? Inside or out there's this airborne virus.

On Face Book last night my joy of looking at a friend's son's wedding photos quickly turned to sadness as it was obvious there was not one single mask in sight. Chairs were not set apart either. Why would folks have a large gathering with the people you love the most ie family and friends and not even wear masks? 

I just don't get it. Bottomline is this virus is going to be around a lot longer than necessary unless we all start wearing masks...




Teach your children well...
MASKLESS?

No comments:

Post a Comment