Tuesday, August 4, 2020

"K"UARANTINE KAREN with a "K"

If something was testing me to see if I would become 'K'uarantine Karen, yesterday was it. What I discovered was the 100% satisfaction guarantee return policy of the purchased mattress set should also read only to customers with the patience of a saint.

Unfortunately after only 2 weeks I discovered the bounce back memory foam of the pillowtop mattress was not bouncing back. Natureman's imprint was still there in the middle of the bed. 



That's not how it's supposed to look. So I placed the first service center call which would turn into 4 calls and end almost 4 hours later... 

The first call was the brand company rep specifically for the store where it was purchased.  There were 7 people ahead of me in line so I could leave my number for a return call. Within 10 minutes the call was returned with the service rep proclaiming the item  defective and giving me another phone number this time for the brand company's warranty department.  You know where this is going...

Of course, there was wait time but no option to leave a number. Once connected and having repeated all the info again, the brand warranty rep apologized but the store where the item was purchased had to file the claim for a return/refund.  She gave me the same first number.   I explained the store's rep for her company had provided her number to me.  "Why would I call the same number again? "Well, obviously she quipped, "that rep didn't disseminate the correct advice and I should ask for a manager."

Call #3:Redialing the same number I pushed the return/ refund option. The recording informed me due to COVID there was a large volume of calls to please hold. I decided to take my paints outside with my phone as long as I was on hold. 

I propped my cell phone up and decided to have therapy working on daisies. The wait was long enough for me to get a lot of the daisies started. The rep came on, story repeated and before she could refer me back to the product's warranty company, I said nicely, I need to speak to a manager. 

During this wait of the same music and a recording to go on line to register your product for its warranty adding due to the 100 % satisfaction guarantee return policy, registering it wasn't necessary. Since I was talking to myself my responses became more sarcastic with each time that message came on. A girl's gotta have some fun , right?
Can you find the grosbeak?
I worked on painting the bird for the daisies's side, the grosbeak. Everything still needs tweaking. Perhaps I'll have time to finish this side...

A manager eventually introduced herself apologized profusely for the delay and said she would help me through this. She had my info but wanted me to verify it and 'she' would call the product's company because they don't handle returns/ refunds and promised me she would follow this through. She gave me her name just in case we got disconnected. I kept painting, positive I would be disconnected.

After a long while she returned saying she wasn't successful due to the long wait, apologized but would connect me. Can you see my eyes rolling? The paint's drying and my phone's not dead yet. Yet.

Finally, a claims rep answered with her child trying to get her Mom's attention. The rep apologized, "I understood " Is she 3?" I asked. I decided we might as well have some banter. She needed an adult for some convo anyway. 

She filled out the claim, sent me an email with instructions of scanning pics of the mattress tags cut into fours (which BTW say do not remove.) She added due to COVID , returns were not accepted so either dumping / donating was up to me. Since this non returns is all new policy, it might take a while to get the refund/ exchange.  I was to call back to make sure my email with the photos reached them. Then, when confirmed, I needed to mail them in.  

You didn't realize this was a bedtime story, did you? 

She laughed when I said I probably wouldn't be calling back today. "I totally understand." she replied. " Well , I hope your daughter takes a nap. She answered "Me too." 


'K'uarantine Karen did not come to fruition thanks to painting and time to work on another side of the bird feeder post...  

At least I got some painting done during that time. And I think in the long run, it's more important to be a kind human...

Besides, I had a terrific late garden lunch awaiting me, our first corn and a sun ripened tomato prepared by my very own Natureman.



UPDATE#1... Look what appeared on my FB comment section posting after my blog piece from a friend in our same city... 
Seriously, what are the chances???

"We went thru that same situation! A pillow top started breaking down after two wks. We had the 90 day guarantee as well. Decided to just do a return. That went ok BUT we waited over 6 mo to get our money back!!"





2 comments: