Monday, June 1, 2020

MONDAY MUSINGS: OPENINGS

Have you noticed the changes this past week? The climate has affected everything ... moods, actions, sights, etc... You know I'll eventually get around to the political climate but you've got plenty to read already. So, I'll just muse on our End of the Rainbow Valley and the beautiful blue skies once those dreary rain clouds blow over and what the rain and warmer temps have brought besides the hatching of those hungry deer flies and gnats. 

The latest openings in the front garden bed were irises, preceded by the the azalea ( You know my feeling on yellow- it wasn't supposed to be yellow but each year as it gets bigger it's starting to grow on me. ) It does start out a very pale yellow and then intensifies.






Our weigela doubled in size.







The wild flowers have done their part and have been putting on quite a show. 


Trilliums along with columbine and geranium colonies flourished. 
It's always difficult which pics to choose so today you get them in trios. 
Columbine

Trillium 
Wild Geranium






 What didn't thrive were morels. Natureman got skunked again this week. Bummer...

 But you know what we grow best ?

Dandelions. We had a bumper crop.  I have to confess I  exaggerated a bit saying that they were 3 feet high. Measurement taken- almost 3 feet, as it measured 34". Friends suggested making dandelion wine but I




have to admit I really don't like dandelion wine. However, I did get a work out trying to dig up as many as possible and mowing over the remainder. A girl's gotta let her frustrations out somehow.

May this week's climate improve in all arenas..



1 comment: