Thursday, May 14, 2020

TBT: A MILESTONE WEEKEND

TBT and milestones is on tap this week as there are many different milestones in our lives and with whom we share them...  Today I should have been waking up in Little Rock, Arkansas as this is my niece Becky's college graduation weekend...

I never thought I would have the opportunity to ever get to know my nieces/nephews firsthand but fate actually had one of my moves back to my childhood hometown as an adult. Hence I was around for my brother's marriage and the birth of his children. 

Visits have kept us close once I moved away to Wisconsin...
I also happened to be visiting  in Little Rock to be able to attend a college recruitment with Becky about Hendrix College.  After listening to the program I told her it sounded so good that I was planning to apply and be her roommate. Wink, wink...

And I was visiting when it was time for Becky to move into Hendrix dorms her freshmen year. My brother and I even ate lunch with her that moving day in the cafeteria which would be feeding her the next 4 years-

Brother Marc and Freshman Becky
Those four years really flew by...

IT's not the weekend anybody envisioned as we as will be zooming.  The college is planning on 
recognizing  special achievements of students and faculty on a dedicated page of the College website and mailing awards. This weekend a video honoring graduates and featuring their photos will be available on the Hendrix homepage. 



No matter where you are, best wishes to all you 2020 graduates! If  nothing else, your graduation memories will be very different due to these Covid times... May you always have what you need to face the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment