Thursday, May 21, 2020

TBT: FINALLY


Back in March I shared with you the lovely evening we shared at FIESTA 2020  UW-L Latin American Student Organization's (LASO) celebration.  Little did we know that weekend would be the last weekend we went out as Covid 19 brought with it social distancing... 


Being an immuno compromised household - No more public dances nor dinners out with Natureman. :( We'll be anxiously awaiting that vaccine.


BUT, finally I can share the powerful student produced video we viewed back in March at FIESTA that is now on Youtube sharing the evening's theme of the same name I am, I Belong. To provide anonymity of these personal stories, students told these 'real life' immigrant stories. ..

Thank you and kudos to LASO for sharing and a job well done! Your message needs to be heard by others. I'm hoping my readers will share this link with others also. The vilification of  immigrants is not a new story but a story that must be retold as we all must speak out against this present societal divisiveness. It is not okay.

Here's the youtube video:I AM , I BELONG


No comments:

Post a Comment