Thursday, May 7, 2020

FOTO FRIDAY IS A 'MOVING...

This week's FOTO FRIDAY is actually a little movie clip...

Another artist buddy is moving from the area... I actually met Laurel my glass artist buddy through my doll artist friend Cheryl.  Whereas Cheryl now spends most of her year in Arizona and the hot summer months in cooler Minnesota, Laurel is not leaving the state but moved yesterday for the other coast, of Wisconsin that is, Door County. 

When I moved from Milwaukee 15 years ago, I shared plants with friends. There's a bit of continuity by leaving a little of ourselves in a place we called home. Laurel like Cheryl couldn't take their yard art with them and I was one of the fortunate ones to receive pieces which will continue to remind me of them. And when they return to visit the area, they can always come visit them.

After a little WD40, Laurel's whimsical metal moving sculpture brings a smile to our faces as the strumming guitarist and dancing girls really get a workout with the breezy days we've had...

Welcome our newest shakers and movers in the End of the Rainbow Valley



Thanks Laurel for leaving a bit of you with us not only with the metal sculpture but the decorative votive piece's on the screened in porch and the bird feeder which is busy with birds practicing social distancing waiting on nearby tree limbs... 

Best wishes on that other coast. 


Last week's FOTO FRIDAY was  La VISTA


2 comments:

  1. LOL! What a surprise to see my Hawaiian yard art in action! That piece was a much fought over white elephant gift from friends in Santa Cruz California over 15 years ago, and I won! It's come all the way from the FAR west coast of the continental US. To the west coast of Wisconsin. And now to your garden. I'm glad it's got a new home, looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I know this gift's background, I appreciate it even more!

    ReplyDelete