Monday, April 20, 2020

MONDAY MUSINGS: PROJECTS

Here in the End of the Rainbow Valley there's not much new since we have our spring routines... 

Natureman had declared a moratorium on the woodpile and figures the days of hauling wood to the porch for this season are limited. Let's hope. So during the weekend he returned our screened in porch to its porch status vs the accessible firewood spot. 



It looked so nice and inviting I even got on line and ordered a rug for the space. Originally I thought I might paint its cement floor but after seeing the abuse the floor gets with splitting wood there, painting would have been a grand waste of time.
  
Even with the parking spaces 9 cords of wood depleted there was a lot of bark and splintered wood remaining worth a good afternoon of picking up and throwing it down the hill. Natureman didn't want my help, so who am I to argue? 


I headed back to finish up decorating last summer's new mail box as it needed some character. Never did find the last two that were yanked up by those raging flood waters railroad tie posts and all. 



The former heart thank you for the mailperson attached to the inside of the box didn't hold and  must have blown away with a gust of that strong wind the last time it was opened.



So, I did create another note and glued it down this time with E6000 and that should hold it this time if it didn't permanently seal the mail box shut.
(I guess I should go check that out this morning. )

And Yes, those are cotton ball clouds...


I hope all of you are showing the folks who deliver your mail the love.


The original spray painting idea of a contemporary rainbow heart was out as there was wind. Thank goodness for the bobby to hold my hair back/ I may have returned home with a head of rainbow colored hair anyway. . .


The newly decorated mailbox does need a bit of tweaking as a photo shows one what needs some tweaking but it's basically done.


Have a good week with whatever projects you're tackling this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment