Thursday, June 7, 2018

TBT: AMIGAS

I'm having special guests today and so my TBT has to do with amigas.  As a UW-L adjunct prof I always shared my office space  with other adjuncts and some I rarely saw due to our differing schedules. Most came from all over the world like  China, Viet Nam,  Russia, Peru and Spain.

2009 Amparo tries my chopped liver.
 This pic is from '09 when I invited my Spanish officemate Amparo to experience a Passover seder. Let me assure you that decade has flown finding me retired and she's teaching at a small liberal arts college, Washington and Jefferson College in Pennsylvania. 

Amparo is back in her old La Crosse stomping grounds for a couple of days and sharing some of her friends with her parents visiting from Spain. I can't wait to play catch up and meet her folks. The End of the Rainbow Valley is going to be quite a change after their very big city week in Chicago.

So happy Amparo and her folks spent their afternoon in the End of the Rainbow Valley. We had a lovely visit and lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment