Wednesday, December 6, 2017

LOCAL COFFEE HOUSES

Coffee houses have had a facelift since the 60's both in what is offered musically and from the kitchen with specialty coffees/teas/ homemade soups/changing menus for locavores/ desserts for different ages like Java Vino's Rice Krispie bars with chocolate icing.


Olaf and gang accompany 3 yr old Gracie for coffee time
 with her mom and grammie (great grandma)
Electrical outlets have been provided for computer toting clientele and for their music loving patrons a venue for local talent both in the evenings and even weekend regular Sunday midday dates like our town's Root Note when the entire family can attend.

I also had some time before a movie matinee on Friday and stopped into Bean Juice to grab a hot drink and scone, ran into a friend where we shared a table and visited. Next to us a group of 30 somethings were sharing laughs with their cups of Joe. I spied a Scrabble box and thought perhaps they were Scrabble aficionados and before I left I discovered one artistic gal was readying her Scrabble jewelry for an Open House. Lucky me left with super clever book marks for my Happy Booker buds.

Then there's local talent like Simple Roots who were given a stage Sunday at the Root Note. It's a treat to see these musicians share and improve their craft and hear some seasonal tunes to boot adding extra flavor to my pot of tea.




So folks, don't forget to frequent your local coffee houses and keep these places busy all year round... They do a great service bringing our communities together.

*If I can shorten a Simple Roots video clip to share, I will . 

No comments:

Post a Comment