Thursday, January 23, 2014

I've Got Sunshine... AND Warm Weather with It

Zero degree temps are forecasted for the entire next week in the End of the Rainbow Valley  but I won't let that bother me because I am not there.  Yep, I won't deny it since I had no reason why not, as in responsibilities of a job, so I packed my backpack and voila awoke this am in the exercise room of fellow couch surfers. My late arrival cut down on initial visiting. To stay with strangers  might horrify some of you but it always makes a trip interesting. 


Take a look at this map on the couple's wall. There are pins marking all the places that have been visited. Wow world travelers but I knew that from the Couchsurfing bios. I am excited to learn more about those travels and my hosts. Stephen's a nurse and Jan  manages city recreation programs.



Exercise is also a big part of their world. Trophies and ribbons adorn this makeshift guest room besides all the equipment that I wouldn't know how to operate. This couple is fit. Saturday they are leading a group hike and I am invited to join them. Can't wait.

Jazzercise is on my agenda this am ( 3 class times to choose from) before spending the rest of the day enjoying the out of doors... Meeting friend, Marilyn, from song leading camp days for lunch al aire fresco. Yea and I won't be freezing for this week anyway...

La Crosse friend, Cathy, responded on FB yesterday to news of my sunny destination, "Enjoy - but know that those who stick out winter have a better chance of surviving the apocalypse!" 
Heck, we always knew Natureman is more of a survivalist than I in the frozen tundra of the End of the Rainbow Valley...


1 comment:

  1. You crazy couch surfer you! You'd like my cousin's wife (widow) - she's in Lake Havasu City and I'm sure wouldn't hesitate to have you come and visit. She's fun and full of adventure. So if you ever get a hankering to go west further, let me know and I'll introduce the two of you.

    ReplyDelete