Wednesday, October 9, 2024

MIDWEEK MUSINGS: A LABOR OF LOVE


MIDWEEK MUSINGS and here is an empty canning jar, not just any 'ole canning jar but a special one. Not many folks have leaky eyes over an empty mason jar... 

This one was special as it held the last of the green beans I canned with Natureman... 

It represents 20 years of memories of planting, growing and picking thousands of beans. They not only fed our household, but our families and friends as well. 

A true labor of love...

So when I opened this last jar to make one of my contributions to our family Rosh Hashonah holiday meal last week, I knew I had to do something different. It couldn't be for green bean casserole as we were having a meat meal nor with my usual doctoring with anise seed and butter, It had to be something new as I embark on this New Year with my extended family here in 'da Rock.

Here's a new recipe for you, dear readers,  even though this recipe called for fresh beans...  

Try them, you'll like them.


May all our labors of love be fruitful... Happy New Year.







2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs. Many wonderful memories. Full instructions of recipe please. Mix all together and bake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saute chopped onion and garlic , add green beans and vegetable broth, simmer til tender in skillet. Add remaining ingredients.

    ReplyDelete