Wednesday, May 31, 2023

TRADITION of the RED, WHITE & BLUE

 I personally like traditions... and I guess it becomes super obvious when one's children request to continue these and incorporate them into their new families.

 Due to folks having the day off and that longer weekend our Memorial Day activities include the traditional get-to-together for a potluck bar- b-que. My brother was hosting and although I wanted to make bar-b-que beans, my daughter said she wanted the Red, White and Blue pound cake which is served with strawberries, whipped cream and blueberries. 



 (BTW That rum in the background was for the bigger kids' daiquiris)

What I should have suspected was even though my daughter is a great baker, her idea meant this as a grandparent activity for me with my almost 6 yr old granddaughter Ms. H.  Ms. H is no stranger to the kitchen either and we have shared many projects before but in this kitchen, it involved a lot of moving of the stepstool. It was an almost all-morning activity. 

We had to divide the batter into thirds. By the end of the project, we had batter everywhere.  


Ms. H shared her glee and pride when we cut into the cake to reveal its layering. 



Yep, that's my Bubbe being silly with the whipped cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment