Monday, May 29, 2023

MONDAYMONDAY MEMORIAL MUSINGS

Memorial Day is about remembering those who served our country in military service. Many soldiers lost their lives doing so and therefore, many people will be visiting cemeteries today w /wo special ceremonies. 


Actually, I have been in cemeteries more than a couple times already this month to remember other loved ones... 

In fact, when I returned to Wisconsin last week I visited not only Natureman's gravesite but other friends' as well including the most recent where even without a marker the newly moved soil and grass was evident. 

I also noticed additions to the path and markers where a different kind of army had taken over. Ant activity was rampant. (Notice the bottom right in the photo of the ant hill.) Hopefully, my call remedied this issue for visitors visiting there today.

Mother's Day also preceded this Wisconsin cemetery visit during which I paid homage to my Mom in Arkansas.  My Mom was in Germany during WWII. Yesterday about a mile from that cemetery, I also honored her memory by carrying on one of her traditions which was taking grandchildren to children's theater.  And as she had introduced my daughter to Arkansas Theater I took my daughter's daughter yesterday to see The Hungry Caterpillar. She was enthralled as any 5yr old should be seeing the characters of Eric Carle come alive in larger-than-life puppetry...

Whatever we do today let us always remember those who not only served us in the military but also those whose lives were affected by war while they were alive...

*May 30 there will be a library presentation at 6pm on the Bitter Sacrifices: Art and Writing from Arkansas’s WWII Japanese American Incarceration Center 



No comments:

Post a Comment