Friday, October 19, 2018

FOTO FRIDAY:LIGHTING UP A LIFE

FOTO FRIDAY this week commemorates a project started about a year ago when a friend asked me if I would like a mannequin as she was going to J.C. Penny's closing sale. I thought, why not? 

Little did I know at that time the idea would morph in my friend Sheryl's head to turn her mannequin purchases into a fundraiser called Light Up A Life. Those dozen mannequins became a lot of work for a lot of people but for a good cause with monies going towards Down syndrome and other community service organizations.

Belle (aka Jewel du Mississippi)  consumed most of my last year's winter months. Originally there was a deadline of May and I stuck to it. So she was finished and left the End of the Rainbow Valley last May and sent to be wired as a floor lamp. Belle lived in the electrician's garage for the summer.

Last night she was auctioned off and has found a new home.  I bid  farewell to ma belle Jewel du Mississippi.  TBC... 



Au revoir belle Jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment