Thursday, May 25, 2017

The UNEXPECTED...

Sometimes it is the unexpected that can certainly brighten an otherwise gloomy day. AND I can attest we have had some really gloomy days and I am not just referring to politics either. The weather has been referred to as drizzly, rainy, wet, dismal and yes,  gloomy. People are saying they have forgotten what the sun looks like, no kidding. 

Yet, yesterday the clouds literally allowed a little peek of blue skies and brightness. You see, on that social media of FaceBook in the message section from a local acquaintance I met through an art show arrived a message which read " This reminds me of you, want it?" accompanied by a photo of what appeared to be a woven basket.  Come to find out, it was purchased about 20 years ago at an art fair and its owner wanted to find it a new home.

I have added a lamp as suggested and must admit, both the gesture and visit made my day ever so bright.  It creates the coolest shadows and goes perfectly, don't you think?


Isn't it amazing how an unexpected gesture of kindness can add so much light?
                                          Thanks, Laurel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment