Wednesday, May 31, 2017

CELEBRATING is MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DATE

Anybody who knows me, knows I love celebrating birthdays, especially my own.  My family always made a big deal out of birthdays and loved surprises so much they changed party dates to surprise us.  

In fact, last fall my Dad mentioned wanting to come visit us this summer for my birthday. As time went on I realized we needed to change his intended visit to a more convenient time in August as I was going with a girl friend on a trip in July. (More on that at another time.) Anyhow, when I told my Dad July wasn't going to work out. He said, "I was going to 'surprise' you for your birthday." Someone had forgotten he had told me. "Well," I replied, "That would be quite a surprise since I wouldn't be here." We both had a chuckle.

Yet, a birthday surprise was on me today in May as my students planned a birthday celebration for both the the other teacher, Joan, and myself since this was our last day of classes before summer break. 

They had ordered a beautiful cake and decorated the walls with balloons and a birthday banner. How sweet!





Our class had prepared delicious Tostadas de Pollo and special Hibiscus Ponche.









We were even given a birthday hat to take turns wearing.



Everybody sang Happy Birthday Mexican style. 'Las Mañanitas' never sounded better. We didn't even care our ages were reversed with the candles on the cake!


What a great way to spend our last class together! It was a wonderful surprise Birthday Party.


Joan and I both had a terrific time and to all the kids and students we say "Muchísimas gracias."

Past links RE: Centro Latino
BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

GRACIAS

HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH

HONOR THOSE WHO HONOR OUR NEIGHBORS

1 comment: