Friday, May 26, 2017

FOTO FRIDAY:IDIOMS, NOT IDIOTS

FOTO FRIDAY:  Teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) sometimes provides  difficulty especially explaining idioms/ idiomatic phrases we use all the time in our daily speech. Then, there are those idioms that seem pretty self explanatory.  Such is the case I think for this week's FOTO FRIDAY.

Can you guess this week's idiom for my class from the photo below?


A bird's eye view...
Do you have any photos you can share using this idiom/phrase/ a different one? I will add the caption to this photo by the end of the day.

Here are the responses:

Colleen:  No thing comes to mind, I guess I'm such a bird brain.

Sara: A bird in hand is worth 2 in the Bush? 

Judi : Sparrow in a treetop? I realize it's not a sparrow but husband Ralph always sings that song.


Jennifer:  As the crow flies...

Charysse added:" I always wanted to have a dress like an idiom costume party for kids to take the place of the Halloween type events. Still might. :)"

Click on the link if you missed last week's FOTO FRIDAY : NEW KID VISITORS

No comments:

Post a Comment