Thursday, September 15, 2016

TBT: BURIED CLOSE TO HOME



With all this cemetery talk it's ironic one of our Miata jaunts took us to revisit an old country cemetery up on the Ridge. 





There are some very old markers (1800 's)where time and weather have even worn off their dates.

Sprinkled throughout the countryside generations of the same farm families are buried together in these small plots.

I've taken you here before but as my Mom's stone setting is soon, a family plot has more meaning. 


Someone takes very nice care of their upkeep and the grounds even up here.


And why not be buried close to home?  

My plot is near my folks in Little Rock, Arkansas. You see, I have a difficult enough time getting the kids to visit me here in the End of the Rainbow Valley while I'm alive...

2 comments:

  1. My grandmother always loved walking through old cemeteries, so this was just a normal habit I developed as a child. There's so much history to be learned and it's a nice reflection on your own mortality that makes you pause to consider whether or not you're living the life you chose or one that was chose for you. Autumn is such a reflective time of year and it seems a cemetery is the perfect place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true Queen Jester. Thanks for your insights.

    ReplyDelete