Wednesday, May 15, 2024

MIDWEEK MUSINGS: WHAT'S THAT I HEAR NOW RINGING IN MY EARS?

MIDWEEK MUSINGS  have me contemplating where the word 'ring ' has gone.  In the old days I loved hearing our wall phone ringing with hopes of a friend calling...

That retro phone is still hanging on the same wall but those rings only signify those pesky marketing robocalls. One after another... You all know what I am talking about as we are all plagued with this marketing tool.

Yet it's the new use of the word 'ring' that has been in the household this past week as one of the items I bid on at a fundraiser came home with me. My household now has its own RING. 

RING today's video doorbell has replaced my old security system, Balto, my ever faithful husky shepherd who is no longer on the job.  I 'd rather have the breathing companions back but technology seems to have replaced everyone, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment