Monday, March 11, 2024

MONDAY MUSINGS: THE RAINBOW MEANINGS

MONDAY MUSINGS : THE MEANING OF THE RAINBOW                                            
During my unseasonal Wisconsin warm stay (75 degrees one day) the skies darkened as a rainstorm brewed. It was a 
perfect setting for a rainbow to appear afterward,,, 

As we parked at the Trumpealeau Hotel, a place where Natureman and I had biked to every season, some band members were departing with their equipment. "Oh no, we missed the music," but the band member said "no worries another group is following us. "And there warming up were 3 very well-known faces in the Driftless region music world Dan Sebranek along with long time friend John Smith and John's daughter Elisi. 

Elisi , John and Dan

Unfortunately, their concert was sold out. Drats. When John was free, I asked him about his upcoming Ireland tours which are a lovely mix of touring and music. Those who have participated always return highly complimentary. John told me to check with his wife re: which tours might have space. When she arrived I introduced myself and handed her my contact info and she said she would send me info re: tour openings and descriptions.

Then out to the back deck to enjoy my frosted mug of root beer. As the rain fell we sought shelter under the eaves and was able to hear the music waft back to us while the clouds lifted and there was that rainbow.

During COVID when we isolated in the End of the Rainbow Valley across the pond in Italy children put drawings of rainbows with the words "Andra tutto bene" ( Everything will be all right) similar to the saying in China during lockdown.  But to me this particular rainbow equates the reason why I am there ... It's just been that kind of trip as if Natureman was making sure the signs were clear

When I returned home South an email was awaiting and I have the last room in the late August trip to Cork, Kerry, and Clare counties in Ireland.  Happy new decade to me!

Take a listen to:   John Smith's Safe Home

               APPALACHIAN RAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment