Wednesday, March 27, 2024

MIDWEEK MUSINGS: REJOINING COMMUNITY FUN

 As I perused the community weekend happenings on Facebook one in particu- lar caught my eye. Local artists would be down at the Rail Yard.  Saturday there was a chill in the air but I knew the sun would eventually reappear and warm things up.

So glad gloves were in my purse I headed downtown and was probably one of the oldest attendees. I have never seen so many different colors of rainbow- colored hair. Yep, it was a young crowd. Intermingling with a group I don't usually experience was invigorating. The young artists are using lasers and skills at technology I have never even imagined. It was delightful hearing about their crafts. 

As the temps warmed, the crowd grew and sitting in sun-drenched colored Adirondack chairs, people-watching and chowing down on yummy tacos from the La Casa de Abuelita food truck was perfect.  I have been yearning to try their truffle Cactus vegetarian option was a treat as were the birria beef tacos combo.


Don't forget to check out your local events as you never know what you'll find and be able to experience. Wink, wink.





No comments:

Post a Comment