Monday, October 23, 2023

MONDAY MUSINGS: MUCOSITY

You may have noticed that I have taken a week off as I have truly been under the weather. I have been so lucky to have been amidst COVID and avoided it for the last couple of months. I have been wearing a mask when the world around me wasn't.  I have been in airports where masks were basically invisible.

I even had 3 innoculations at once to cover catchup at least a month ago. So I've had the newest COVID booster. Yet, I had laryngitis when I was in New Orleans for 3 days. When I returned home I took a home COVID test and was negative. I taught that day with my teaching mask and after midday started coughing. A raspy deep cough which wouldn't let up with a headache that persisted. I made sure to stay away from my 98 yo Dad. He doesn't need whatever germs I had.

Finally after a week and no relief I went in to Urgent Care. Described my symptoms and they proceeded to give me 3 tests.                          

1.COVID - Negative

 2.Strep.   - Negative

3.RSV.     - Positive

The one dang shot left I was going to get was RSV.  Well, obviously I should have already had it. I went home with 3 prescriptions which provided relief in addition to taking Tylenol for that headache. The cough persisted and can last up to 4-6 weeks. Yuckola. I do feel human again with today being the last day of meds. Being able to rest was important as was a lot of liquids.

So if I was a guessing person I assume I was exposed at a children's function where I was a helper. 2 other adults I know also tested sick after that event. One tested positive for COVID, the doc said she wasn't so sure the others didn't also have RSV.  Interesting.  

Anyhow I am here to tell you to go have that RSV shot now. You don't want what I had... It was more than just a booger of a cold. 


   



No comments:

Post a Comment