Wednesday, October 4, 2023

MIDWEEK MUSINGS:REMEMBERING TO TAKE CARE OF THE TREES

A microburst decided to visit closer than last April's tornado touchdown and wreaked havoc amongst my trees. BTW a microburst is defined as a sudden, powerful, localized down draft air current.
I was lucky that none of my trees decided to uproot and fall on the house but both my front and back yards were covered with debris from not only my own trees but my neighbors's as well.

I picked up as much as I could and then I contracted a tree service who had the right tools and manpower. Their chainsaws worked overtime as they fit me in amongst all their other jobs. Who knew I should have moved here to suburbia with my Huskqvarna chainsaw?

Besides the crew cleaning up the canopy and broken limbs remaining up above, the decision had to be made to cut down 6 trees that were either dead/ way too close to the house. It breaks my heart to have to remove any tree. The limbs provided shade but due to never having been pruned, they posed future damage to the house and those enjoying being in the yard, people most importantly and also plantings.

The moral of the story is 1) don't plant trees too close to your abode and 2) maintain the health of your trees by pruning... It can save you some big heartache!


These two will be removed in the front
Bye to 4 in the back 


I am looking forward to being able to have a screened back porch next year without worrying if it will be destroyed right away.

ACTION and down they fell...


No comments:

Post a Comment