Tuesday, December 20, 2022

MONDAY MUSINGS: OY VEY, GIFT GIVING TIME

It's that stressful time of the year, especially for those who claim they're
inept at choosing gifts for others. 

 Are you one of those people? 

Remember hearing the phrase, " It's the thought that counts"? 

Parents and teachers used to make sure we had handmade gifts to give our parents. And no matter if the drawing/ project was unrecognizable, it certainly brought a smile to the receiver. And that my dear readers is the gist of gift-giving, to make someone else feel better.

I have been baking and cooking, even assembling hundreds of candy dreidls to share. Yes, of course, I hope the value of my efforts is not lost on the receivers. It's not the monetary cost but a wish to encapsulate the sweetness of holiday time.

Chanuka this year started later than last year but time got away from me also in sending out the seasonal newsletter... but there's always 2023 to welcome in with the past year's catch-up. 

For the first night of candle lighting, I invited 2 guests to share my holiday table. One of my oldest Little Rock friends, Kaye (L), and one of my newest Linda (R) who both helped taste test sweet potato latkes. 

What also helps explain our holiday headwear is they also helped me polish off the bottle of bubbly which was a housewarming gift from La Crosse Jazzerbuddy Beth. Yes, Beth, it spent a year in my frig awaiting this special occasion. Thank YOU.

Toppings include:
 homemade apple sauce, raspberry jam
sour cream & chives, sriracha sauce
The spicy ones are already polished off





Chanuka Harry and Larry were up to their usual holiday shenanigans as you can see as they said they'd Jazzercise with me. They sat more than jumping around and you notice Larry was just lifting the lighter plate of latkes. I do appreciate their efforts. 


No matter what gifts, tangible/not are bestowed upon you this season, do remember,  Love and Peace are worth a whole heck of a lot ...



1 comment:

  1. My brother in law, Gary, along with Brian’s sister, Cindy, are staying with us as he recovers from open heart surgery. (Our own cardiac step down unit 😉)The day of his discharge we lit his menorah for the 6th night of Hanukkah along with our advent candles at sunset as we gathered for dinner celebrating his successful surgery. You were in my thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete