Monday, August 1, 2022

MONDAY MUSICAL MUSINGS

 One advantage of having friends who volunteer is learning about their projects and the work those projects achieve such as Methodist Family Health's  SHINE-ola benefit which featured numerous local bands over  4 hours of great music featuring these groups on July 14.

Each band would share 3 songs at a time. We were treated to hearing rock/pop/R&B throughout the event at South on Main. We were not only able to hear all the groups, we also enjoyed some drink and delicious food. Let me tell you those Curried Yams are to die for!

Jason Lee Hale, master of ceremonies is also the song writer for the campaign's theme song "Time to Shine " which was played during the evening. 


Although  I still could have donated to the cause on line this was my first experience sitting hours masked which made up for all the live music I have missed for the last couple of years but it was so worth it. 

We even returned for their South on Main's Sunday Jazz brunch. Oh my, the Brisket Skillet was yummy as was the music. We were definitely dancing and singing in our seats. Well 2 of us anyway.

Good food, good music and good company. 

Thanks for the great Birthday Brunch girls and the return visit to South on Main.

And as this song played, it spoke to me as I have got Georgia on my mind..



If you would like to contribute to the good work .. do donate.


No comments:

Post a Comment